Updated: Jul 1
Summer is the perfect time to have a wedding. You can bask in the sunshine, feel the warmth on your skin, and enjoy the beauty of the season. However, the downside of a summer wedding is the heat, and if you are not careful about your dress choice, you might end up feeling uncomfortable throughout the day.
If you are a summer bride, you want to look elegant and glamorous but still feel cool and comfortable. Here are some tips on how to choose the perfect wedding dress for a summer wedding:
1. Choose the right fabric: The fabric is crucial when it comes to choosing a wedding dress for a summer wedding. Avoid heavy fabrics like satin, velvet, or brocade. Instead, opt for lightweight, breathable fabrics like chiffon, tulle, or organza.
2. Go for a sleeveless or strapless gown: A sleeveless or strapless gown is perfect for a summer wedding as it lets you show off your skin and keeps you cool. If you feel uncomfortable going completely sleeveless, consider a dress with thin straps or a lace cover-up.
3. Consider a shorter hemline: A shorter dress will help you stay cool in the summer heat. A tea-length gown or a knee-length dress is perfect for a summer wedding. You can also consider a high-low hemline, which is shorter at the front and longer at the back.
4. Choose light colors: Lighter colors are perfect for a summer wedding as they reflect the heat and keep you cool. Consider shades of white, ivory, champagne, or pastel colors. Avoid dark colors like black, navy blue, or burgundy.
5. Don't forget about accessories: When it comes to summer wedding accessories, less is more. Consider a simple veil or a floral crown instead of a heavy tiara. Opt for lightweight jewelry and shoes that are comfortable to wear.
In summary, when choosing a wedding dress for a summer wedding, you want to prioritize comfort and breathability without sacrificing style. Consider lighter fabrics, shorter hemlines, lighter colors, and simple accessories to achieve the perfect summer bridal look.